Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Quick Thank You!

To all the many volunteers who helped make the inaugural BCBF a success,


I am speechless. The Inaugural Byron Crossroads Blues Festival was a huge success. I don't have tallies ready yet, but it looked like at least 2,000 people came out to the fest and had a great time. The reason they had a great time was due to the dozens and dozens of volunteers who supported the effort. Ticket people at the gates, beer ticket sales, wristbands, Blues Central with memberships, beverages, tee shirts and CDs, setup, cleanup, runners, beer and pop haulers, and the many other tasks done by our volunteers were done professionally, tirelessly and above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm planning (I never stop, I guess) a volunteer recognition event in Byron, probably at the American Legion Hall. I'm working on a date and a band, but watch your email for an announcement about the volunteer event. I can't thank you all enough; this will be a small token of appreciation for all you have done to make the BCBF a success. Please let all the volunteers you know that I don't have email for that Crossroads appreciates their efforts and that we will have a free party for them soon!

Pictures and other info to be posted as soon as I recover fully!!!!!

All the best,
Steve Jones
Chairman

No comments:

Post a Comment